Becoming a Soccer Coach Has a Lasting Impact
By Murphy Slease, Program Supervisor | email@example.com
According to the CDC, the percentage of children in the US affected by obesity has tripled since the 1970s. Most kids in the US now have easy access to TVs, fast food, and personal cell phones. They are spending less time playing outside with their friends, and more time inside in front of a screen. Right now, we need soccer coaches now more than ever! As a Stronger Austin Kids soccer coach, you will be on the front lines of childhood obesity.
So Much More than a Soccer Coach
As a Soccer Coach, you do so much more than coaching for victories. You’re a caretaker, leader, life-coach, and motivator. Over time, players will look to you on and off the field. The times they spend with you and their team may become the best part of their school day. And as you grow with your team, you’ll see that teaching gives you a sense of purpose and satisfaction. The knowledge and skills that you pass along will live with these kids for the rest of their lives!
Who’s Teaching Who?
Quickly find out that there is so much to learn from children. They introduce you to new games, ideas, and viewpoints that you aren’t normally exposed to. They remind you of the importance of spending quality time with your friends. Despite facing the daily challenges of growing up, kids help you remember how important it is to live in the present moment!
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to improve the lives of children in your community! Head to the It's Time Texas website to apply to become a soccer coach. While you’re there, look around and see if there are other ways we can help you be a part of making your life and your community a little healthier!
What You'll Do
- Attend Stronger Austin quarterly meetings with a 75% or greater attendance record. This can be done in person or on video conferencing software/phone in conference call.
- Assume a leadership role within the community on the CAB purpose initiatives.
- When possible, attend or contribute to Stronger Austin community events including (but not limited to) free workouts, neighborhood gatherings, expos and organization awareness gatherings.
- Actively seek feedback from the community on what programs would best serve them. - Communicate any feedback, community requests or collaborative leads to the Stronger Austin leadership team in a timely manner.
- Be willing to share personal and professional expertise with the Stronger Austin leadership team.
- Act as an advocate for Stronger Austin.
What You'll Bring
- Unquestionable character.
- An interest in the objectives and mission of Stronger Austin.
- A respected citizen within the community.
- Breadth of understanding and tolerance of viewpoints of others.
- Transparent and welcoming with all members of the community.
- A leader in the wellness and health movement in all aspects of their life.