Informed by Direct Community Impact
Stronger Austin’s programming is informed by direct community input.
Powered by IT'S TIME TEXAS, in partnership with the Central Texas Food Bank, Austin Parks and Recreation Department, the Austin Public Health Department, the Michael & Susan Dell Center for Healthy Living, and My Brother's Keeper, Stronger Austin engages all of Austin to create a healthier, more equitable community.
Make a difference in your community by becoming a member of our Stronger Austin Community Advisory Board (CAB).
What You'll Do
- Attend Stronger Austin quarterly meetings with a 75% or greater attendance record. This can be done in person or on video conferencing software/phone in conference call.
- Assume a leadership role within the community on the CAB purpose initiatives.
- When possible, attend or contribute to Stronger Austin community events including (but not limited to) free workouts, neighborhood gatherings, expos and organization awareness gatherings.
- Actively seek feedback from the community on what programs would best serve them. - Communicate any feedback, community requests or collaborative leads to the Stronger Austin leadership team in a timely manner.
- Be willing to share personal and professional expertise with the Stronger Austin leadership team.
- Act as an advocate for Stronger Austin.
What You'll Bring
- Unquestionable character.
- An interest in the objectives and mission of Stronger Austin.
- A respected citizen within the community.
- Breadth of understanding and tolerance of viewpoints of others.
- Transparent and welcoming with all members of the community.
- A leader in the wellness and health movement in all aspects of their life.
Stronger Austin CAB Members
Brief note about the current members and maybe another quick call to action for people interested in joining or learning more.